Oh, What Fun It Is to Try…
With so many dinners, parties and gatherings going on this time of year we seem to be sipping a lot of wine. Once in a while we’ll stumble onto a knock-out bottle that we have to talk about. This year we’ve run into several so we’re putting together our wine wishlist for 2010 (and beyond).
What We Love
- Orin Swift “The Prisoner” and “Abstract.” Both blended reds from the St. Helena based winery. Amazing stuff.
- “Unruly Red” California table wine, a zippy, fruity, peppery. Bright tannins and a soft finish. Buy a case.
- d’Art 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon. A lucious and complex cab that drinks like a $100.00 bottle.
- Macchia Winery “Mischievous” Zinfandel. Our favorite Lodi zin to date. Impress your friends with this one.
- Consilience 2006 Syrah Santa Barbara County. A nice surprise with a friendly price tag.
What our friends and readers are reccommending:
- Haraszarthy 2008 Old Vine Zin
- •Gramercy Cellars 2007 Columbia Valley Cabernet
- Leal Carnaval Meritage
- White Oak Alexnder Valley Zinfandel
- Piesporter Michelsberg Riesling
We know that you’ve got a favorite wine of the moment so drop us your comments or tell us on Facebook.
|San Diego Bottle Shops Our Friends Frequent
What’s your favorite wine shop, anywhere in the world? Let us know!
Wine Corkage Fees:
A proper wine pour is:
CAUTION: Everyone’s tastes differ — dry wines, sweet wines, robust bold wines — so when asking for recommendations, be sure you match tastes first!